Skip to content

Change font size

Not a good beginning

Have an amusing story of a recent RV adventure? Share it with other members here.

Not a good beginning

Unread postby RoyandKaren on Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:27 pm

We arrived at the campground near Anacortes WA and proceeded to set up. No power,nada. All our breakers were on so I trudged up to the office. Check the breakers on the panel. Hmmm, didn't see no stinkin breakers so went back. Sure enough they were off, I had not lifted the cover high enough to see them.
Got that sorted out and we bedded down. Somewhere in the middle of the night DW woke me to say she was getting a cold shower. Sure enough the roof vent was leaking again. Rats. We made do by changing towels on the bed as they got wet. I got another tube of caulking and tried again but no joy so bought a tarp and secured it the best I could.
We toured around but not much to see due to the rain. That night the toilet backed up, now she is really unhappy. Got that sorted out so back to bed.
Went to make morning coffee and the butane lighter won't work. Sumdumcamperguy had left the only matches on the picnic table in the rain so no coffee or toast. I bailed before the storm broke in the trailer and hastily broke down camp. We got to the I-5 at Burlington in bright sunshine so she went shopping. When we got home I discovered the charge fuse in the truck was popped so we had a dead house battery. Good thing we did not need to test the breakaway. I really figured the trailer was going to be on craigslist after that one. :lol:
RoyandKaren

Re: Not a good beginning

Unread postby pwall on Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:11 pm

Welcome to the forum!

Stick it out.....it can only get better after the adventures you've had. At least it will give you some stories to share with other RV's for years to come!
Patrick.
pwall
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby frank on Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:00 am

Well I think pwall has got the right attitude stick it out. You'll get through all this, I've had a few of these myself when nothing goes right it can only get better. Good luck and enjoy yourself :o :lol: :evil:
frank

Unread postby Little Kopit on Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:45 am

Then there was the night that convinced me to get a camper, Sept 2, 2001. I had a wooden cap on the back of my truck and had gone around with the caulking gun before my trip. But one night it rained, and rained, and rained so that those with tents finished the night in their cars. & I had a leak right beside my head. I found a container and succeeded in waking to empty the "bucket" when it needed it. Like I said in the beginning here, that convinced me to get a camper.

Oh- and it's fiberglass clamshell construction, the kind with the fewest leaks - but lots smaller than yours.

Hang in there.

& Welcome to the forum.

8-)
& I, I took the road less travelled by

My Photo Album, featuring Labrador 2006

Little Kopit
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread postby frank on Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:46 pm

yes yes Welcome to the forum! :lol: :lol:
frank

Unread postby RoyandKaren on Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:05 pm

Thanks for the encouragement. That little episode happened a couple of years ago shortly after we got the 83 Vanguard fiver, our first rv. We laugh now but I will never live it down.
RoyandKaren

Return to Trip Tales