Skip to content

Change font size

The View is To Die For

Have an amusing story of a recent RV adventure? Share it with other members here.

The View is To Die For

Unread postby bobnliz on Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:50 pm

Finally,last week-end, we got the chance at a camping trip. We chose the The Crestone Music Festival in the San Luis Valley.
We pulled into the Golf Course grounds where the event is staged Friday afternoon about 2:00 and paid our camping fee. There were no set spaces, just park 'wherever'. So we hunted around for a grassy spot; not an easy thing to find as the field did double duty as a parking lot and a driving range, there were more bare spots than green ones. But eventually we got situated with a great view of the Sangres.
We were maybe 60 feet from the nearest 'row', and I think that owed its' regularity to a fence around the soccer field where the tenters were set up. By 2:30 we were all set up, lounging in our chairs with a couple of tall iced coffees and really enjoying that view.
Throughout the week-end people arrived in their RVs and set up camp... we prayed hard to the camping gods that no one would park between us and the view, which was 'to die for'.
And you know what? No one did. They crowded in behind us and in back of us, and on either side of our beautiful vista, but they never got in the way of our view.
I think I may have had some of my faith in humanity restored.
When I get them all sorted out, I'll post a pic or two even though I'm sure they won't do it justice. Lizzy
1990 Aljo Aly, 1995 Ford F150 PU
bobnliz

Re: The View is To Die For

Unread postby bert64 on Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:07 pm

Love to see the photos.

How was the set by "Booker T" ? I see he was one of the performers.

2001 Winnebago Brave 32'
1999 Jeep TJ- Toad
YL285 Zodiac w/4 h.p Mercury
Me, Da-Wife, Da-Kids and a dog.
bert64

Unread postby bobnliz on Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:22 pm

Booker T was great, even though we heard the last half of his set from camp. It RAINED big time, but we could hear just fine. Couple of cups of hot soup and we were sitting pretty. Lizzy
1990 Aljo Aly, 1995 Ford F150 PU
bobnliz

Unread postby parklandgroupohio on Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:02 am

Wow, this sounds like one hell of a trip! Congrats!
Me and the boys have something planned for the next weekend on private land scouted from Acreage for sale, but it is nothing compared to what you have posted here. I guess I can post some funny misadventures. LOL!!
parklandgroupohio

Return to Trip Tales