Skip to content

Change font size

Recent camping in Kansas photos

Share your photos with our membership, be them of your favorite campsite, a scenic shot, or just a favorite picture.

Recent camping in Kansas photos

Unread postby skipnchar on Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:34 pm

Lake Perry Kansas

2007 Rockwood 8314SS Travel Trailer
F-150 HD OR F-250 PSD SCREW (whichever I feel like driving)

skipnchar
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: Recent camping in Kansas photos

Unread postby catmom on Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:56 pm

Very nice place! I can see why you go there (apparently) frequently!
Interested to see some of your mods too - the mirror on the bathroom door, for example, and the curtains. Did you have day-night shades originally, or something else that you removed?
2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 CrewMax 5.7L w/ tow pkg
2008 Flagstaff 831RLSS
catmom

Unread postby PrivatePilot on Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:10 pm

I absolutely love the third sunset photo - you should submit that to a few contests as I'd suspect with a great silhouette like that you'd be a contender.
PrivatePilot
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby skipnchar on Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:10 pm

catmom wrote:Very nice place! I can see why you go there (apparently) frequently!
Interested to see some of your mods too - the mirror on the bathroom door, for example, and the curtains. Did you have day-night shades originally, or something else that you removed?

Actually the day/night shades are still there behind the drapes. The ones across the back windows, behind the sofa and dining table plus the ends of the slide room are all on travis rods. We did remove the day/night shade in the back window and replaced it with a mini-blind but will probably eventually put the day/night back up. We've had so many broken cords on our shades we don't really like to use them often and MOST of the time depend on the drapes to cover the windows except when it's really hot and need the extra insulation of the shades. Since these pictures were taken we've completed the drapes project and now removed ALL of the valances.

The mirror is a welcome addition and in keeping with my dislike of putting holes in an RV it hangs over the bathroom door but has velcro pads to keep it from swinging around when traveling.

skipnchar
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread postby JBandMJ on Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:07 am

Skip,
Lake Perry is on our “must see” list for this fall, would you mind sharing which camp site you camped at? It looks beautiful!!
Jim & Marilyn
Mulvane, Kansas
2004 33 V Winnebago Adventure
JBandMJ

Unread postby skipnchar on Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:53 pm

I think our favorite is PC 74. The peninsula campground has 3 loops. The A loop is primitive camping only, the B loop is down the center of the peninsula and has nice views but is further from the waters edge. The C loop is clear out on the point is is a circle around the perimeter of the small point of land. There is not an abundance of shade out there with most sites having only a single tree, placed to provide afternoon shade but for spring or fall camping it's really fantastic. PC 74 is about 50 feet from the water on two sides and has a pretty much unblocked view towards the north end of the lake some 15 miles north and southeast towards the dam (only a couple of miles). Lake Perry has a number of nice hiking trails, and a good (I'm told) ATV riding area in the Delaware Marsh below the dam. It also has a RC strip, two marinas and is considered a great sailing lake with generally good breezes. Let me know if you need more information.

skipnchar
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread postby JBandMJ on Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:28 am

Thanks, I appreciate that information and look forward to spending a long fall weekend checking out the lake.
Jim & Marilyn
Mulvane, Kansas
2004 33 V Winnebago Adventure
JBandMJ

Unread postby skipnchar on Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:04 pm

Hay Jim, let us know when you're coming and we'll try to make it out for a visit. We should be back from our fall trip sometime in late September.

skipnchar
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Return to Photo Sharing