Skip to content

Change font size

Geocaching & Camping

Share your photos with our membership, be them of your favorite campsite, a scenic shot, or just a favorite picture.

Geocaching & Camping

Unread postby LA_Bolt_Fan on Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:28 am

Geocaching is an entertaining adventure game for gps users. Participating in a cache hunt is a good way to take advantage of the wonderful features and capability of a gps unit. The basic idea is to have individuals and organizations set up caches all over the world and share the locations of these caches on the internet. GPS users can then use the location coordinates to find the caches. Once found, a cache may provide the visitor with a wide variety of rewards. All the visitor is asked to do is if they get something they should try to leave something for the cache.

Here is a fun example of our diverse (weird) camping, RV'ing, caching AND hiking. Notice the line of RV's 400' below me, about 70 of them. This is Thornehill-Broome beach in Point Mugu State Park just north of Los Angeles. RV's one foot from the sand on asphalt, you walk out the door and step right into the sand :D :D and with TONS of trails and geocaches nearby. What a fun hike and camp!! My signature picture is of my trailer parked below.

Geocaching is hiding and finding little boxes using a handheld GPS unit. Either on a trail hiking or in a campground, park or a shopping center walking or driving, ALOT OF FUN, check it out!!
See http://www.geocaching.com/about/ and have fun!!!
Attachments
Thornhill.jpg
Geocaching!!
Backpacking one weekend, RV'ing the next!!
2007 Thor Summit 22rb
2000 Dodge Ram Van 2500 5.2L / 3.92 Gear
1 Beautiful Wife and 2 Happy Traveling Iguanas
San Diego SUPER Charger Fan
LA_Bolt_Fan

Return to Photo Sharing