Skip to content

Change font size

Am I missing a link?

We are still a growing forum and your ideas are important to us - share your thoughts here. and if you need help with the forum or it's features, here's the place to ask.

Am I missing a link?

Unread postby BillnJolene on Sun Jun 08, 2008 7:57 pm

After posting in a topic within a section, is there a back button or link to go back to the section and not all the way back to the index?
Bill & Jolene
RV-ing since 1972
Current Rig: 1997 Southwind 35P
2006 Yamaha VStar 1100
1970 Norton Commando
1996 Honda Accord toad
and our trusty Chihuahua Koda
BillnJolene

Re: Am I missing a link?

Unread postby PrivatePilot on Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:31 pm

Welcome Bill / Jolene! It's great to see a Class-A guy around here - we're sorely lacking with the Motorhome crowd. :D

There certainly is, a few different ways, actually.

When you make a post or response and click on Submit you will be prompted (briefly) with a few options - one of them is to "return to the forum last visited". If you click on this link you will be returned to the index of the forum you were last in when you made your response, instead of the main index of the forum.

However, the other option is "View your submitted message", which is not only the default, but will be selected automatically after a few seconds - this takes you back to the thread you just read where you can see your own response.

The time between this menu popping up and the "View your submitted message" option being automatically selected is admittedly a bit short, so you have to be ready when it comes up if you want to select the "Return to the forum last visited option".

Alternatively, if you look towards the bottom of any thread (even after you make a response and are automatically redirected back to the thread) you will see a link that will lead you back to the forum index. For example, look in the bottom left corner of this screen-shot:

forumlink.jpg

If you click on "Return to General RV Discussion" it'll take you back to that subforum's index (in the case of my example, the "General RV Discussion" forum) without the need to go back to the main index and return to that forum. Any forum you are in will have this option at the bottom of each thread.

Let me know if this clears things up for you.

Mark
PrivatePilot
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions & Forum Help