Skip to content

Change font size

edit feature

We are still a growing forum and your ideas are important to us - share your thoughts here. and if you need help with the forum or it's features, here's the place to ask.

edit feature

Unread postby cougarlover on Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:17 pm

I swear I posted about this already. Not sure where it went. Sorry if this is a double post.
Yesterday in my thread in Western USA the Edit feature showed up on one or two of my replies and not the others. I just checked that thread and it is gone from all of them. Is it me or a board thing?

Thanks for everything
Nan
Nancy wife to Rob and mom to 3 beautiful girls
2 fur pals 4 year old Shih Tzu Dexter and recently adopted 1 year old Boxer Shreder

2007 Keystone Cougar BHS
2001 GMC Yukon XL 2500
cougarlover

Re: edit feature

Unread postby skipnchar on Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:20 pm

You SHOULD have the edit feature for your own posts only. If you do NOT please let us know and we'll see what the problem is. I suspect you'd also have to be actually logged on to see the feature. Just coming in as a guest would hide it.
2007 Rockwood 8314SS Travel Trailer
F-150 HD OR F-250 PSD SCREW (whichever I feel like driving)

skipnchar
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread postby PrivatePilot on Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:28 pm

In the past I've found an unlimited edit option to be problematic as sometimes people will come back and "Change history". As such I had setup the forum to only allow members to edit their own posts for a period of 30 minutes after it was posted, after which the edit function would automatically go away.

This allowed plenty of time to fix typos, correct broken links, etc, but prevented problems in other regards that sometimes popped up.

I've removed that limitation now so it should allow indefinite editing of members own posts now. Hopefully this doesn't present any problems and we can leave it that way.

Let me know if everyone sees this change.
PrivatePilot
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby cougarlover on Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:31 pm

Yep that was it. Thanks for the fix. I guess when I logged back in it was after the 30 minute time frame. That would explain why some of my posts it was there and some it was not.

Thanks again for the fix.

Nan
Nancy wife to Rob and mom to 3 beautiful girls
2 fur pals 4 year old Shih Tzu Dexter and recently adopted 1 year old Boxer Shreder

2007 Keystone Cougar BHS
2001 GMC Yukon XL 2500
cougarlover

Return to Suggestions & Forum Help