Skip to content

Change font size

PM not working

We are still a growing forum and your ideas are important to us - share your thoughts here. and if you need help with the forum or it's features, here's the place to ask.

PM not working

Unread postby Retired Phone Man on Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:21 pm

Tried to send a PM and its hung in Outbox. It worked yesterday. Tried one last night and this morning it was still there. I deleted it and tried again today and new message is still in Outbox.

Thanks,
Jim

Update: just checked again and it took 45min but it finally went through. Is that normal??
Retired Phone Man

Re: PM not working

Unread postby skipnchar on Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:25 pm

I'm not 100% CERTAIN but I believe that's normal. They stay in the "out box' until the recipient opens the message. I'll pose the question of Private Pilot but I DO know that seems to be how mine works.
2007 Rockwood 8314SS Travel Trailer
F-150 HD OR F-250 PSD SCREW (whichever I feel like driving)

skipnchar
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Re: PM not working

Unread postby PrivatePilot on Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:16 pm

skipnchar wrote:I'm not 100% CERTAIN but I believe that's normal. They stay in the "out box' until the recipient opens the message. I'll pose the question of Private Pilot but I DO know that seems to be how mine works.

Correct - PM's sit in the "outbox" untill received by the recipient, at which point they will move to the "Sentbox".

Within limits this allows you to "cancel" a PM to another member (if un-received) should you decide it's no longer needed.
PrivatePilot
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions & Forum Help