Skip to content

Change font size

Invalid keywords / META

We are still a growing forum and your ideas are important to us - share your thoughts here. and if you need help with the forum or it's features, here's the place to ask.

Invalid keywords / META

Unread postby Mopar1973Man on Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:39 am

A admin need to check over the keywords. All keywords require being seperated with commas. Since its a space all the keywords are considered 1.

Code: Select all
<meta name="keywords" content="rv recreational vehicle r.v. camping campground campgrounds travel trailer canada USA state provincial parks tent towing tow vehicle TT TV PUP pop up hitch hitches motorhome fulltime plumbing electrical AC heating propane sewer travel tech repair DIY photos stories fifthwheel fifth wheel truck car hybrid coach generator generators" />

Here is a sample from my own site...

<meta name="keywords" content="forum,cummins,dodge,mopar,diesel,mopar1973man,performance,trucks,engine,transmission" />

Then using FireFox's Firebug ETags are not configured causing the browser to re-download all pictures every time instead of caching.

Few of the java script could be cached and are not cached costing bandwidth.

Few CSS scrpits are not compressed too.

No expire header for download content like CSS, JS, JPG, etc. So every visit to the page cost extra bandwidth instead of using the browser cahce function...

I could give you my script but not knowning if the script will work with your server I'm not sure... (Shrug smiley)

#CACHING SCRIPT

Header unset Pragma
FileETag None
Header unset ETag

# 1 MONTH
<FilesMatch "\.(ico|pdf|flv|jpg|jpeg|png|gif|swf|mp3|mp4|css|js)$">
Header set Cache-Control "public"
Header set Cache-Control "max-age=2592000, public"
Header unset Last-Modified
</FilesMatch>

# DEFLATE
<FilesMatch "\.(js|css)$">
SetOutputFilter DEFLATE
</FilesMatch>

Trying to help you guys get some traffic with some trick to improve your search engine hits...
Michael Nelson - aka: Mopar1973Man
2002 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel (Many Mods)
2000 Jayco Eagle 296 FBS
Mopar1973Man

Re: Invalid keywords / META

Unread postby 2Networkit on Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:14 pm

Thanks for the input but there's only one hick to it... many of those fix are part of the updates but we are stuck to this version cuz everytime we do a simple change, some members here complain and prefer we stay like this instead on improving.

we are over due for a look change of this place, I have said it for too long.. One day we will make the decision to change the look and members will have to cope with it.

There is costs of operating, there is cost of poor programing but no one seems to be willing to support this place. If it's the case, this means that no one has a say but me on the changes made since I'm the fulltime fund supplier of this forum.

Some changes are on the way very soon. Let's hope your request is met during those changes.

Not trying to be bitchy but people need to understand what I have been saying for 2 years now.

Thanks.
2Networkit
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Invalid keywords / META

Unread postby Mopar1973Man on Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:48 pm

Ahhh... Been down this road... :D

Well that lack of activity here is the killer and I was looking at ways of improving the hits from google and other search engines. The other hang up is content... After fighting over 3 years to get my own site off the ground I know its hard work and a lot of times you end up upsetting the apple cart to get growth. As for funds I understand where you at too I've had to shell out for my own site for over 3 year till now it now just paying the bills which is a good thing.

As for most of my suggestions above should require software changes (I Think) mostly just adding to the .htaccess file to tweak the server settings and the keywords should be a Admin setting.

What I'm learning over the years of managing web sites for others as well as my own that content of your site is really important. The title of the artcle have to contain keywords as well as the article. Then depending on how many time the keyword is use will aid in pushing pages forward in Google and other search engines.

I got to admit I like the site already I just wish there was more traffic and people to BS with. So hopefully I can help with a few tidbits to get you rolling better... ;)
Michael Nelson - aka: Mopar1973Man
2002 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel (Many Mods)
2000 Jayco Eagle 296 FBS
Mopar1973Man

Return to Suggestions & Forum Help