Skip to content

Change font size

how to add images?

We are still a growing forum and your ideas are important to us - share your thoughts here. and if you need help with the forum or it's features, here's the place to ask.

Re: how to add images?

Unread postby Little Kopit on Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:50 pm

On this site you need a photo host.

The easiest one to use is http://www.tinypic.com/

From your computer you upload to that site & you fill in the Tags frame. Copy those tags to a file in your computer for future reference.

Click on down arrow menu and select. "Message Board 640 x 480)" if your image is bigger than that. "Default", if it is smaller.

Click upload

Copy link in frame for message board all of it.

Paste that into your reply screen or new topic screen (McPhail Homestead from a Nov. trip to PEI)

Now, if you see one out there that you want, already online, what you want is the image location. This can come from right click, copy image location or right click properties, and highlight and copy location. Come back here, click on "Img" in software options line above text frame. Image Paste in that information from location as copied.

Above is on Quebec 389 section of my album on my Labrador Trip in 2006.

Preview to see if this is what you had in mind. Hit enter to change spacing on page.

Now, if you want to see all, click on quote from my post. You will see the inserts and the code for the images and what they look like.

Ask questions. We all have a different way of doing things. Pretty obviously our Admin and new site owner PWall knows much more about this than me. He creates animations. (but I'm not planning on learning that one)

:)
& I, I took the road less travelled by

My Photo Album, featuring Labrador 2006

Little Kopit
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread postby pwall on Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:04 pm

Hi.

You would need to upload your images to any of the many 'free' photo posting websites, such as photobucket.com.
Then, once your image is posted, you reference the link in the photo-site to your posting here.

I see you're from Austria. How's the RV experience there?
Patrick.
pwall
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Limey on Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:09 pm

Actually there is also another method on this site - you can upload your photos as an attachment. Look at this post:

http://www.rv-forums.org/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=258 It is one I did when I was selling my hitch.

When writing your post look further down the page and you will see a tab which says 'Upload Attachment' Just follow the instructions by selecting the file on your hard drive and then click 'Add the file'
Martyn (aka Limey)

2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 QC CTD 4x4 SLT; 2007 Coachmen Chaparral 267RLS;
Reese 15K Slider; Prodigy; JT Stabilizers; Rotochoks; 2 Honda EU2000i's
2006 Glastron MX175
Limey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby pwall on Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:38 pm

Well...I just learned something. :)
I'm used to other forums where this is not permitted, and didn't even notice that option. :D
Patrick.
pwall
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby Little Kopit on Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:33 pm

Ah, I see when I hunt.

PW, you might see if you can get that software opened so that it's easier to see, ie. if the browse frame is visible, that option is much easier to spot. I can point you to a couple of forums that do this.

Oh and the pic is also from the McPhail estate, that same trip.
:)

Hmm, it is 640 x 480, unusual to have to scroll with that size?????????
Attachments
Macphail Panorama 010.jpg
Macphail Panorama 010.jpg (84.89 KiB) Viewed 3189 times
& I, I took the road less travelled by

My Photo Album, featuring Labrador 2006

Little Kopit
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Return to Suggestions & Forum Help