Skip to content

Change font size

Eastern Kentucky Trip! Suggestions??

Places of interest, routes, and destinations of the eastern US states.

Eastern Kentucky Trip! Suggestions??

Unread postby Camping Hoosiers on Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:13 pm

I'm doing some trip planning for a tour of Eastern Kentucky. We want to take a 10 day trip over there around the end of July before the kids get back into school.

I need your help! This is an area that we have not spent any time in and need to know all of the cool places to see!

For the purposes of this trip, I am defining Eastern Kentucky as east of I-75 and south of I-64.

We do not like commercial campgrounds and prefer to stay at state and or federal properties. The more scenic the better and huge extra points for water front or view campsites. As far as hookups needed... well electricity is nice but not required.

I certainly appreciate any thoughts and suggestions on places to stay and attractions to see / visit. Also any "do not miss" kinds of dining establishments.

This is one of the things I enjoy most about RV travel... planning a trip to somewhere we have never been! I love it!

Thanx!

Jeff
2006 Jayco Eagle 314 BHDS
2003 Suburban K2500 LT 8.1 V8
Camping Hoosiers

Re: Eastern Kentucky Trip! Suggestions??

Unread postby catmom on Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:21 pm

Boy, wish I could help you out, Jeff, but that's one part of KY we haven't been to. Near Lexington is KY Horse Park, but that's technically out of the quadrant you're asking about. Nice SP nonetheless, and for horse/animal lovers, worth several days' stay.
2007 Toyota Tundra SR5 CrewMax 5.7L w/ tow pkg
2008 Flagstaff 831RLSS
catmom

Return to Eastern USA