Skip to content

Change font size

Ocean Lakes Campground/Myrtle Beach, SC

Places of interest, routes, and destinations of the eastern US states.

Ocean Lakes Campground/Myrtle Beach, SC

Unread postby SCCamper on Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:43 pm

My family and I just returned from a 7 night stay in a rental house at Ocean Lakes Campground (http://www.oceanlakes.com/) just south of Myrtle Beach, SC off of Hwy. 17 business.We would have taken the travel trailer, but my family (17 people) had the reservation for the rental house before we purchased a travel trailer.

Ocean Lakes has been at Myrtle Beach for years. I remember going their in my dad's C-class back when I was very small. So I was curious how it has changed over the years. OLC is now probably 2/3 houses/ rental houses, but they still have way over 100 camping sites. The total land of OLC is probably 100 acres between the ocean and Hwy. 17 Bus..

From what I seen most of the sites have electric/water/sewer and about half of the sites had concrete pads. The have a big store that has groceries and other stuff for the beach. Next to the store is a laundry mat and a food/ice cream place with free wi-fi. They also have a game room, indoor and outdoor pool and a splash area for the kids. A golf cart is a must at OLC. I bet there were 5000 golf carts riding around in OLC. Teenagers were riding every where. We rented one (Club Car) and it was $253 from Sunday to Friday. They have a 10 mile an hour speed limit rule thru out OLC.

Ocean Lakes Campground seems like a awesome place for campers with kids with a lot of activities for all. Lakewood Campground (http://www.lakewoodcampground.com/) is in the same area. It is also a big campground that has been in operation for years.
2006 29' Dutchmen Kodiak TT
2003 Chevy Suburban LT 4X4 w/ Husky hitch/weight dist./stablizer
SCCamper

Re: Ocean Lakes Campground/Myrtle Beach, SC

Unread postby bert64 on Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:38 am

Was there about 3 years ago, had rented a golf cart too. That place sure is big. We had a site right near the ocean. Was very nice at night. Kids spent more time in the ocean than the pool even though it was March. :D

2001 Winnebago Brave 32'
1999 Jeep TJ- Toad
YL285 Zodiac w/4 h.p Mercury
Me, Da-Wife, Da-Kids and a dog.
bert64

Re: Ocean Lakes Campground/Myrtle Beach, SC

Unread postby pwall on Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:59 am

bert64 wrote:......Kids spent more time in the ocean than the pool even though it was March. :D

You know you're Canadian when.......... :mrgreen:
Patrick.
pwall
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Eastern USA