Skip to content

Change font size

Palm Springs, CA

Places of interest, routes, and destinations of the western US states.

Palm Springs, CA

Unread postby LA_Bolt_Fan on Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:58 pm

While we are really not fans of RV parks, but we had a GREAT time in PS this weekend!! I had read on this forum that some people will not camp at places the don't allow kids :o , this place didn't, but I didn't know it when we reserved. However I didn't get woken up at 6 by screamin kids running thru my spot, so I will camp here again :lol: . There was a great pool and jacuzzi open all night (Once again, no kids), laundry, AWESOME view of the incredibly rugged and steep mountain right behind the place and also nice bushes between the sites for privacy. It cost $6 for a cab into town for dinner, the cab came right to our spot! :D While laying out at the pool, most of the older people were saying goodbye and see ya next year, I am guessing they were snowbirds. The men seemed to be annoyed with each other :D , and the women were talking about heading home and saying goodbye. This was a completely different experience for us, we normally camp along the river or on the beach, but we LOVE this park!! So if you are thinking about Palm Springs, take a look at The Happy Traveler, we had a great time! http://www.palmspringsrvparks.com/happytraveler.html . By the way, when they ask if you have pets, do they mean dawgs, cats or do iguanas count??
SANY1616.JPG
Attachments
SANY1630.JPG
Backpacking one weekend, RV'ing the next!!
2007 Thor Summit 22rb
2000 Dodge Ram Van 2500 5.2L / 3.92 Gear
1 Beautiful Wife and 2 Happy Traveling Iguanas
San Diego SUPER Charger Fan
LA_Bolt_Fan

Return to Western USA