Skip to content

Change font size

Kawartha Lakes, ON RVer's resources?

Discuss issues related specifically to RV'ing in Canada here.

Kawartha Lakes, ON RVer's resources?

Unread postby VANSAM on Mon May 15, 2017 4:28 pm

Hi group, We are new RVer's (class A) and bought our rig in USA. Live in Peterborough, ON area and having trouble finding a place to get it serviced. Even the local Ford dealer won't do it's oil changes. Barrie, ON Hitchhouse is the authorized dealer for our rig but won't service us until October because we didn't buy from them. Looking for other Rver's in the area who might be able to give us some tips on area resources. Thanks!
VANSAM

Re: Kawartha Lakes, ON RVer's resources?

Unread postby RonJK on Mon May 15, 2017 6:54 pm

VanSam
What kind of Class A did you buy? Make and model.
Is it a gas engine or diesel?

Dealers do have a bit of a problem dealing with units bought out of the country and they won't service as long as they are busy with their own customers. Not really good business practice as far as I am concerned because you may get the urge for a new motor home one day and if they turn away your service business you certainly won't give them the new RV business.

I have a Class A on a Ford chassis and I use a truck service facility for mechanical and for oil changes we have a local Mr. Lube with a bay big enough to get the Class A over the pit for lube, oil and filter.

We got ours from the US as well and had the same problem with our local dealers on the West Coast as well.

Hope this helps.
RonJK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Canada