Skip to content

Change font size

Looking for campground from Toronto to 1000 Islands

Discuss issues related specifically to RV'ing in Canada here.

Looking for campground from Toronto to 1000 Islands

Unread postby Loulou4nier on Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:59 pm

Hi, I'm hoping someone might be able to offer some advice. We have rented a 26 foot motor home for the first time. We are super excited but are complete newbies. We leave from Whitby Ontario July 15th with our ultimate destination PEI.

The first part of our trip we would like to stop at 1000 islands and do a boat tour. So somewhere between Whitby and Brockville we would like to stop for the night. Even though we will only have been on the road a couple of hours we figured we would spend the evening getting organized, unpacked and familiar with the RV.

Provincial parks seemed to be booked so I am looking for recommendations for sites along the 401 or advice on where to find sites and what to look for. Any advice at all would be welcome.

Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Louanne
Loulou4nier

Re: Looking for campground from Toronto to 1000 Islands

Unread postby Little Kopit on Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:56 am

I don`t know and won`t do southern ON because of the traffic.

In QC I`ve found, just follow the signs and your eyes.

Quebec City. ? Transit, near the bridge on the south shore. Go visit historic city. Lots of stuff along Gaspe. Lots of town cgs too. Again follow your nose or boon dock. Quebec Construction shuts down for two weeks. This year it is July 24 to August 7. Don`t try to camp in QC in that time.

Pick up again at Gaspé, national park Forillion. I like islands of NB off south and Maine coasts, Grand Manan, Deer Is, Campobello Is. There is a bridge from Lubec, Me. Also, Fundy, Tidal Bore, Saint John City Market, Acadian Historic Village, Moncton, Harland Covered Bridge.

Lots in NS to Cape Breton, prefer Meat Cover, private cgs outside park, MUST MUST Fortress Louisbourg MUST MUST, Tea room, bell phone museum. Mainland has lots. Halifax Historic Properties, The Ovens, 5 Is. Prov. PK, Yarmouth Museum,
Caribou, NS for ferry

Take ferry too PEI ,, bridge from PEI. You pay leaving. Bridge is less than ferry. Tour Bridge PEI side. Eastern area has lots of lovely places . Panmure Is..... , bicycling on old railroad trails, Sir Andrew MacPhail Homestead, Orwell Corner Historic Village. Charlottetown, most scenic and historic. Take rolling tours. & just prowl. Just prowl the roads. Charlottetown has more than one farmers market. I like the one on the Belevedere. Cardigan also has a farmers market. Yet, there are places for fictional characters, there are plays for fictional characters. Favs to eat: New Glasgow Lobster Supers, Windows on the Water Restaurant in Montague. Haven`t tried Inn of Bay Fortune for meal, yet but owner is noted Chef Michael Smith. It`s in Bay Fortune, natch.

My backyard, natch.

:mrgreen:
& I, I took the road less travelled by

My Photo Album, featuring Labrador 2006

Little Kopit
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Return to Canada