Skip to content

Change font size

Touring the Maritimes...no reservations...possible?

Discuss issues related specifically to RV'ing in Canada here.

Touring the Maritimes...no reservations...possible?

Unread postby Laserman51 on Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:47 pm

My wife and I are planning a tour of the Maritime provinces this next August 2016. Would like to do it stressless, no reservations anywhere. Is this possible during the peak season? We plan to travel from 9 Am till 2 PM each day. Are we bound to have difficulties finding an RV site (a small class B, 25') at that time of the year?
Laserman51

Re: Touring the Maritimes...no reservations...possible?

Unread postby Little Kopit on Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:46 am

There are some places where you cannot stay without reservations.

There are some provinces where it is easier to boondock than others.

What is it you want to see. I can give you my suggestions. One of NB, Bay of Fundy Hopewell Rocks eroded last night. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/hopewell-rocks-new-brunswick-collapse-1.3491431

Looking forward to your reply.

:mrgreen:
& I, I took the road less travelled by

My Photo Album, featuring Labrador 2006

Little Kopit
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread postby Laserman51 on Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:31 am

Thank you for your reply. We plan a 25 to 27 days trip taking the following routes: Gaspé peninsula,New Brunswick:Campbellton,Bouctouche,Confederation bridge to PEI, PEI: All the island shore roads, Ferry to Nova Scotia: Cabot trail,Halifax,South West NS, Digby ferry to NB, St John, Bay of Fundy, Fredericton, back to Québec. We mostly ar avid of natural sceneries, not avid of Museums, love musical events
Laserman51

Unread postby Little Kopit on Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:53 am

Haven't been over at t'other place yet, but these interests get lots and lots of answers there.

Fortress Louisbourg is really a reconstructed town, a port. #! place to go in all of NS.

Cape Breton think then much more than the road that is Cabot Trail. & though you don't have time to go there this year, as a park and a natural heritage part of Canada, Gros Morne National Park is many times more than Cabot "Trail. So, besides that drive go up to the northern end of Cape Breton, walk around Cabot Landing Prov. Park and the -peninsula you can see from there. Drive south and give at least at Day for Fortress Louisbourg, which has restaurants and workers eateries of the 18th c, besides the port and gardens. Then see about other southern Cape Breton sites.

Music: http://www.stanfest.com , Bara MacNeils, fiddle music of Cape Breton....check online for ECMA 2016 https://www.google.ca/#q=ecma+2016 for the musicians. Apr 13-17, 2016 Sydney, NS. I pick up a lot via CBC radio, but I'm sure you can hear some of it online and begin hearing about artists who may be down this way when you are. The Once, HeyRoswetta, 10 Strings and a Goatskin are some of my favs.

TO & FROM PEI. Ferry to Bridge from. You only play when you leave. Google up these things, Northumberland Ferry and Confederation Bridge. They have rates listed. Bridge costs a lot less. Besides beaches and such there are interesting things to see. Orwell Corner is a restored or kept historical village with gardens, farm land, blacksmith and some concerts. Next door is Sr Andrew MacPhail homestead with lunch in the house, walks around the land, garden, Ecological Forestry Project directed to native trees in farm buildings. Several Farmer Markets, Chalottetown (2), Cardigan.... For them go with empty fridge and empty tummies. They both sell food for your stove and cooked varied ethnicities, include trad. Agnlo-Saxon/francophone

Saint John, NB and Halifax also have country markets/city markets with their own flavour in goods and goodies.;

Again places to walk NS, Whycogomagh, 5 Islands, The Ovens; New Frunswick Grand Manan Island, Deer Island, Campobello Island

Google, go to www.google.ca so you're searching places with a Canadian domain. Search terms, "New Brunswick Tourism", "Nova Scotia Tourism", "Prince Edward Island Tourism". Get phone # 800.... call and ask for visitors guide, provincial map, and your interests.

Ok, that's enough to take in.

:mrgreen:
& I, I took the road less travelled by

My Photo Album, featuring Labrador 2006

Little Kopit
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Return to Canada