Skip to content

Change font size

Cross Couintry Trip Accomplished

Discuss issues related specifically to RV'ing in Canada here.

Cross Couintry Trip Accomplished

Unread postby Little Kopit on Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:49 am

I've just last night gotten home from a trip all the way across this continent.

Time period: September and October

Places visited Going.
- Remember all of Atlantic Canada is a 'done quite a bit' territory
- Ferried from NB to St. Simeon, QC and went up west of Saguenay Fjord to Lac St. Jean.
- West then via Chibougamou, Val Dor, Rouyn Noranda to ON
- From Kirkland Lake, Timmins, etc. on route 11, which is a rather northerly part of ON
- Bypassed Thunder Bay and over to MN going as northerly as was practical, including Winnepeg.
- Continued working northerly. I must say there was less flat land than I expected.
- Needed truck repair in SK, which was easily arranged using help from a gas station I just stopped at. They fitted me in with seeming great ease and courtesy.
- in AB took the most westerly of the routes going into NWT and reached Hay River, only to find that much of NWT clloses down in Sept, thus, had to go well south again.
- Went via Fort John to Fort Nelson to Watson Lake. My most challenging drive for mountains.
- On to Whitehorse where I shopped a bit and talked a good bit.
- Whitehorse people helped me select Skagway as my AK place to go. Being a Yukon Quest fan I'd wanted Dawson City. but the NWT set back took that stop away - that and seeing that cold weather will set in soon in northern and western parts of this country.

Oh, and I drove in snow in Sept. in AB and BC. Per stuff I 'enjoyed' in my travel job working life, if I drove in snow in Sept, that province would have an especially long winter.

Photos to follow.

Best leaves for colour were then I picked up Highway 20 at the western edge of QC a couple of days ago.

Most easterly touiristy type place visit was done yesterday. I've got photos of Hartland Covered Bridge, world's longest covered bridge, in the camera.

A 40 year bucket list item more or less done. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
& I, I took the road less travelled by

My Photo Album, featuring Labrador 2006

Little Kopit
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Return to Canada