Skip to content

Change font size

Newbies renting a Class C

Discuss Class C motorhomes here.

Newbies renting a Class C

Unread postby Mike and Rose on Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:52 pm

We have rented a Class C to get our feet wet. We are headed for the Lake George/Lake Placid area in NY. We have camped in tents, popups, TT, class A, but all with friends or relatives. This will be our first solo adventure. We will be joined by family member later on to add to the fun and only after we survive the first week. Rose is keeping a journal, recording every monent. I just hope it doesn't end up as the script for RV the Movie Part 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At least I know how to "dump" my tanks! We will let you know how we make out. :o
Rig= Jayco Greyhawk 31SS New Ford 450 Cab.
Mike and Rose

Re: Newbies renting a Class C

Unread postby skipnchar on Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:31 pm

With all that help around you should do just fine. Even when you buy something you don't get MUCH of an instruction manual, just the most basic stuff. Most of us learn in the school of tough breaks taking cources in hard knocks :D
2007 Rockwood 8314SS Travel Trailer
F-150 HD OR F-250 PSD SCREW (whichever I feel like driving)

skipnchar
Senior Contributor
Senior Contributor

Unread postby Mike and Rose on Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:31 pm

We survived the trip and had a great time. Lake George Resort and the North Pole Campground in Lake Placid were both excellent. Loved the Olympic Passport Tours and the Whiteface Mt climb. We found the Class C 29' fine when it was just the 2 of us, but a little tight when we had guest. We were able to decide on features and options we would like when we finally do purchase our own motorhome. Can't wait to get back out there again.
Mike and Rose

Unread postby Limey on Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:57 pm

Excellent! Glad you had a good time.
Martyn (aka Limey)

2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 QC CTD 4x4 SLT; 2007 Coachmen Chaparral 267RLS;
Reese 15K Slider; Prodigy; JT Stabilizers; Rotochoks; 2 Honda EU2000i's
2006 Glastron MX175
Limey
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread postby cwit on Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:47 pm

You were in one beautiful area believe me I know we live just north east of there.
cwit

Unread postby Mike and Rose on Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:44 am

Yesterday we went to an RV Show. As we walked down one of the aisles of RVs we came upon the Class C we had rented last summer. We rented the Class C to see if we liked the floorplan etc. Well there she sat with a SOLD sign! We went in and sat for awhile to reminience about the fun we had with the RV. A couple came in and we talked to them about the RV and shared camping stories. We then spoke to the rental manager and he told us they were no longer renting motorhomes and selling off the fleet. He said it was too expensive to maintain the fleet. So I am glad we had the opportunity to rent when we did. BY the way the show was fun,most of the RV were 2008 left overs. A sign of the times I guess. Next week we are test driving a Class A. Hope to make a final decision soon.
Mike and Rose

Return to Class C