Skip to content

Change font size

Furnace issues

Discuss Class C motorhomes here.

Furnace issues

Unread postby Gr3gd on Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:37 pm

Hey there. New to the forum just got my first motor home! 1984 econoline e350 with a travelair home on it :D thing is absolutely mint for its yr(other than the water damage I'm amidst fixing lol) anyhow.... I'm in northern Canada and I stay in it in the winter sometimes (we like to get out of the house time to time :)) but the furnace is being odd.... I hook up the propane and let it run through the lines for a few moments then turn on the stove to help draw access air out of it then fire the furnace up.... And it usually works flawlessly(after having re gapped and cleaned the electrodes to spec) only thing is, when it kicks out and then back on from the thermostat it blows cold air? I usually turn it off for a few moments and then back on it and works again..... Any ideas? Only thing I can think of is perhaps the lines or tank are having issues with the cold.. But I tried with a fresh tank and it still seems to do this.. Thanks in advance!
Gr3gd

Re: Furnace issues

Unread postby RonJK on Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:28 pm

Sounds like it may be the sail switch, which is a safety feature that tells the gas valve there is enough air movement to open the gas valve. It may be sticking.

Good luck.
RonJK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Class C