Skip to content

Change font size

03 damon daybreak, digital odometer. Canadian repair??

Discuss class A coaches and motorhomes here.

03 damon daybreak, digital odometer. Canadian repair??

Unread postby workhorsed on Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:50 pm

Hi there, I just acquired an 03 Damon daybreak ,workhorse chassis. It appears that the digital odometer has failed. I though that this was a simple deal as an odo is not that critical. However after some online reading it appears that this may not be the case. What other info does this piece of junk convey and how critical is it to the safe operation of my unit?

Can I get it repaired in Canada, do I have to replace all of the dash, has anyone used an OBD scan tool in lieu? Thanks.
workhorsed

Re: 03 damon daybreak, digital odometer. Canadian repair??

Unread postby RonJK on Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:21 pm

Not exactly sure, but the mileage reading part of it is still stored in the vehicle computer.
Is it just the odometer or have all the warning lights gone also.
I have a Pontiac Sunfire that the mileage is not reading correctly any more but all the rest is working fine with no problems.

I don't see why a mechanical repair shop could not fix it.

What part of Canada are you in?
RonJK
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 03 damon daybreak, digital odometer. Canadian repair??

Unread postby workhorsed on Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:01 pm

Alberta. The odometer function isn't important however a trip option would be nice. The bigger issue is the other safety info that I'm not getting, abs etc. I'm not very sold on these wonderful digital nannies. Surely a dial or a warning light is a better solution. All of my guages work perfectly or seem to. It's just that cheap looking little rectangle below the speedo. Owners manual not much help, universal solution?? "Contact the dealer" That's a great help north of 60.

I realy hate sending my hard earned pension money to Uncle Sam land. Surely there's someone in Canada that has the expertise to fix this piece of junk!!
workhorsed

Return to Class A Coaches